Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Chickadee

The world was conspiring against me today in terms of photography. I could hear the birds outside the window so I went and got some peanuts to give them. I put them out on the ledge and within minutes observed a beautiful blue jay in the tree scoping out the area. I grabbed my camera, turned it on, and it came up with a memory card error... twice. By the time I got it fixed the blue jay flew away, never to return. The squirrel walked by, but didn't stop and his presence scared off most of the birds for the afternoon. The dogs made sure that any birds that might have thought about coming by wouldn't. I did get a couple pictures of a chickadee before he flew off, which meant my afternoon wasn't a complete waste, just mostly a waste.

Chickadee

7 comments:

  1. What an adorable bird! That's a great picture, your camera must have pretty good zoom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 18x optical zoom :) Which is great since I don't get around too well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is nice! Mine is a much smaller and probably less expensive camera, with only three times optical zoom. Which essentially means, if I'm doing some sort-of landscape scene, I can't use it at all as a telescope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, forgot to mention: thank you for posting a link to Photographer at Heart! I do have a blog button, which you could post if you'd rather. :) But whichever you prefer is fine. Thank you so much! Let me know when you make a button and I'll post it.
    On a side note...if you decide you want someone to make your button, let me recommend a couple people: Johanna at Old Fashioned Girl and Stella at Inspire. You can find them in the blogs I follow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. I used to have another blog that had stuff all over so right now I'm doing a real clean look with as little as possible along the sides, but that may change as I work on this more.

    ReplyDelete